Saturday, December 6, 2008

Self Disclosure

So this is morphing into something a bit more transparent and the audience has become a bit wider than I quite predicted so let me lay out some expectations. I swear, I have an extremely checkered past (that is obvious in the title statement of the blog), I have a strong belief that God is the reason that I have any life and I am really liberal.
Here is a personal belief statement that kind of sums it all up - I think that thinking it is ok to kill Muslims in the name of Jesus is way worse than a lifetime of 'goddam motherfuckers' in light of the second commandment (Thou shalt not take the Lord's name in vain.) Like anyone's personal beliefs I may be wrong, but I have a good sense that I am not.
I am telling you this so that I will quit worrying about who I am potentially offending. I have been fretting about what both the religious and non-religious ones of you might think. I apologize for not giving you the credit you deserve by thinking you would be so easily offended. I tend to do that. I tend to present a very controlled, palatable image of myself, but that can be boring and not very helpful.
So be warned there will swearing, talk about God and descriptions of some fucked up situations ................................................................................ and talk about triathlon training.
I am now off to run 15 miles on a beautiful crisp morning when I will trying to aim for a target heart rate zone. Thanks!!!

4 comments:

LeeAnn said...

As one of those political/religous types that you might have been worried about offending- I just have to say keep writing!

I am way more offended by B.S. than honesty on any given day. Who knows- maybe some of my perceptions/attitudes might even change...

See you on Facebook!

Andrew said...

Thanks LeeAnn!

Lauren said...

Definitely please keep it real! It just wouldn't be you if you started censoring for the sake of your audience. I appreciate the raw feel of it all because that's how life can be sometimes. Keep it up!

Lee said...

jmo
It is your blog
if anyone is offended they don't have to keep reading