Saturday, December 20, 2008

17 Miles on a Treadmill

Saturday I ran 17 miles on treadmill - 17 miles! I have always hated treadmills and my opinion hasn't really changed. Thank God for a machine mounted television and Law and Order or I might not have been responsible for my actions. The monotony was AMAZING.
Sunday I rode a bike inside using a trainer. I trainer is a device that balances your bike and gives resistance to the back tire to simulate real riding. It is boring, but not the epic boring of 17 MILES ON A TREADMILL.
I should just be grateful I have the machinery to keep on training, but I miss our boring weather. Please give me 60 days of rain.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

LOL, I watched a 2-hr special of Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe AND a half hour of car chases (Why They Run) in my 17 miles in front of "cardio theater." Ugh, was painful!

Yes, bring on the rain...

Andrew said...

I think only treadmills or pot could make someone watch a full half hour of car chases.