Saturday, November 22, 2008

Young's Lake

I ran 9.something miles at Young's Lake in Renton this morning. I have a high-tech super crazy Garmin GPS heart rate monitor virtual trainer blah blah blah, but I don't really know how to use it yet or I would know exactly how far I ran. I accidentally turned the part off that tells me the important stuff, so it became an overpriced stopwatch.
Like most runs at this distance or farther it sometimes sucked; sometimes was really nice and sometimes all hyper-emotional. Sometimes the hyper-emotionalism feels like ultimate gratitude for what God has given me. Other times it feels like one of the less unpleasant aspects of dope sickness. The thing that used to make be cry at Snickers commercials.
I remember in particular one of the many times I had fled back to North Idaho, the land of my youth. I was feeling just well enough to try to go to a job interview. As I was driving through the woods on the way to town I saw a mother deer and two fawns. Though I had seen this countless times in my life I was so overwhelmed with feeling that I sobbed and wailed to the point that I could not drive. I eventually regained control and continued on the the interview. I was incredibly fearful of which Andy would show up. Many times running I have had similar moments, but the fear of negative consequence just isn't there. Nice.

No comments: