Monday, November 24, 2008

Motivational Thought for Today

I am not someone who is naturally filled with self motivation. It is dark and cold and I don't want to go meet people at Greenlake and do speed training. I ate a crappy lunch and checked my blood sugar for an excuse to not run, but 168 by no means is a reading that fills that need and I will generally exercise even it my glucose reading says I shouldn't. Emily is sick and I am jealous; I just want to sit on my damn couch, watch TV and ignore the world; however, I told you all that I was training just like I told you all I would write. You all suck for being my audience of guilt ridden accountability. Where would I be without you. I have hardly ever done anything worthwhile without the fear of looking bad, pathetic but true. At least I have learned how to put some of my character defects to good use.

Thanks ....... seriously.
xoxox
Andrew

2 comments:

Lee said...

glad to help!
We are all in this together - I think the guilt/need to look good is very common human trait

Last Thursday you were my guilt inducing audience - I wouldn't have run with out you

Barb said...

The only reason I showed up the other night is because I knew everyone was expecting me. As Lee said, we are in this together.